Saturday, September 17, 2005

This is Why Your Mama Tells You

to pick up your feet...

I always drag my feet. I'm not speaking figuratively here, al-
though hey, that is CERTAINLY true. But I'm just talking physi-
cally. Why? Hell, I don't know. Probably laziness. But I can still
remember when I was a little kid walking down the sidewalk in
hush puppies, my mom saying, PICK UP YOUR FEET! And now?
Now that I'm an adult? My receptionist tells me the same damn
thing. So there's no getting away from it. I've always wondered
what the big deal was. Maybe they just don't want me to go
through what happened to this man:

The Perils of Static Electricity

2 comments:

Susan said...

The big deal is that you wear your shoes down more and are probably get holes in them. So, stop scuffing and pick them feet up girl!

Sydney said...

I know. Its such a bad habit. I can't seem to stop though. I mean, obviously I don't do it on PURPOSE. Then or now. But I just don't notice I'm doing it.