Saturday, September 03, 2005

Do You Believe In the Loch Ness Monster?

What about the one in Lake Champlain? How about Bigfoot?
The abominable snowman? The Bermuda triangle, alien space
craft stored in area 51, (or even more exciting and scary, alien
BODIES!)? The Chupacabra? What about the Indian legend of
the Giant thunderbird? Spontaneous human combustion? Do
you believe that magnets can help pain and arthritis (believe it
or not, my doctor, a man of normal intelligence and indeed, one
might even say BRILLIANCE, in all other respects, buys into this
one).

Let's see, what else, umm... alien abductions, do you believe in
those? How about life on other planets. Ok, let's go one step further
and say life in other galaxies. See, most people will say that they
believe in life on other planets in other galaxies, but most of us
would feel uncomfortable professing to believe in extra-terrestrial
life forms currently visiting our own planet.

When I say "most of us," I am of course leaving out those of you
whom aliens regularly abduct and experiment on. You already
know about the E.T.'s up close and personal like. The bitch of it is,
of course, that nobody believes you. It's a Cassandra thing. Learn
to live with it.

But anyway, I was watching a special on t.v. on the Lake Champlain
monster on The Discovery Channel tonight and I just thought, huh.
I wonder how many people believe that its at least possible that
"Champ," (for that is what the Lake Champlain monster is called),
exists. And I've decided that I do.

I do believe that it is possible that Champ is real. Because I want to
believe. Believing in Champ is a little bit like having a piece of your
childhood back. Like going back to the days when everything didn't
have to make perfect sense and you could buy into something just
because it was kind of magic and fun. Champ is like that.



3 comments:

Ben Marvin said...

It's all crap. People have too much imagination.

Sydney said...

Quite a cynic for such a young guy. Don't be such a spoilsport ya big meannie! ;oP

LOL

Nit Wit said...

Ah Syd I thought I knew everything when I was young. Now I'm an old fart and do know enough to know that I don't have a clue.
I believe in Santa Claus, The Easter Bunny, the Tooth Farie, Jason, the Boogy Man, Aliens, Loch Nessy and More other things than I care to list.
As I said in a blog, Peter Pan is my role model and I believe in Tinker bell, and always will.