Sunday, September 25, 2005

So What Day Is It?

The 24th? The 25th? I can't wait and entire two weeks to do
housework because the house is pretty bad. Plus, we need
clothing. Although... if I showed up to work naked I just might
be able to sell more chicken.

But seriously, as soon as Dylan wakes up, I will give him some
time, like the little vampire offspring that he is, to get used to
the fact that it is daylight outside, and THEN we are cleaning
the house. Because a lot of my tests do not occur for two weeks
and the house simply CANNOT wait until then.

To his benefit, he did do two loads of dishes in the dishwasher
yesterday. And I am going to live up to my taco promise. He
LOVES tacos. I'll bet I could feed him tacos every day and he'd
still love them. And by this I do not mean the crunchy taco shells
you buy at the store. He likes corn tortillas deep fried and folded
over at home. His preference is for me to throw some chorizo in
with the hamburger meat, but Dorothy, we're not in Kansas err...
Texas anymore. We're in Alabama. Hard to find chorizo here.

His grandmother from Texas has a cool way you can convert ham-
burger meat to chorizo. I need to call and get it from her. If I do,
I'll post it in case anyone else wants to try it.

The funniest thing about this post? I hardly ever cook. But hey,
we are poor lately. So I'm going to be doing a LOT more of it!

3 comments:

Denise said...

Cooking at home saves a ton of money! I have some great (and simple) recipes if you are interested...Dylan could probably handle these and save you the trouble.

And what's up with the bot check when leaving comments? It's hard for me since I don't know my ABC's

Sydney said...

ohhhhhhhh welcome to blogspot LOL if you take it off, and I may try it again, but you get to delete several spam comments a day from commercial blogs. Just as an experiment, I'm gonna take it off and see how many spam comments I get in a week. It'll make a fun blog.

Denise said...

Well, you could take the SPAM you get here and make a sandwich...or fry it. Ew. I just threw up in my mouth. Ew. Now I really grossed myself out. I think I'll just shut up before I puke on the keyboard.