Monday, August 29, 2005

So This is What?

Day 5 or 6 of my migraine? Really, I don't remember any-
more. What I do know is that this is THE WORST migraine
I have had in a very long time. Since I started taking topamax
every day. You know, to stop having headaches like this.

The good news is, these headaches don't last forever. The bad
news is, they have, in the past - lasted for up to two or three
weeks of sheer unmitigated mind-blowing pain. The worst news
is that I am the world's biggest baby and that I will share every
single solitary crystalline moment of torture with each of you.

And I can already answer the questions you are going to ask.
Yes, I have had a catscan, MRI, EEG, bloodwork and whathave-
you. And no, there is nothing wrong with my brain except a
family history of and propensity for classic migraines and ex-
cruciating pain for no jolly good reason whatsoever. And no,
yoga, biofeedback, acupuncture, chiropractors, herbs and
even really good pain medication, unless administered on a
continual basis, doesn't help. Maybe a sledgehammer though.
Or a gun. No, not for me. To shoot the doctor with.

2 comments:

Thomas J Wolfenden said...

Jesus, I really hope you're feeling better soon...

I've only had one of the bastars and I can't imagine having one for 5 or 6 days...

Unknown said...

I am so sorry Syd about your pain. I wish there was something I could do to take it away for you. Hope it ends quickly.