Sunday, October 02, 2005

Men Get Confused

about this one a lot so I'm going to clear it up for you. Well, I'm go-
ing to clear it up for you as far as I am concerned. I can't speak for
other women.

One of my online guy friends who read my peep blog wrote and
asked me, "If the guy had stopped at his pickup and looked at the
view you were putting on display there in your short skirt would
you have been mad or thought he was harassing you?"

Noooooooooooo. Absolutely not. My entire point was that the guy
was within inches of me. He could have pushed me into my car, or
whatever. He had gone from looking to actually threatening - all
without saying anything. He had gotten so close to me that it was
no longer clear that his intentions were to merely look.

Also, in the US, we have what is known as the expectation of pri-
vacy.

Which he violated.

If you are wearing a mini-skirt, you expect that someone is going
to look at your legs. You expect that if you walked up the stairs in
front of them, it would be a really tricky maneuver. You don't ex-
pect to have to guard the area immediately underneath your skirt
lest some lunatic pretend to drop a key and stick his nose under it.
That, my friends, is your expectation of privacy.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Fully agree with your sentiments -- including the concept that we are easily confused. But it wasn't exactly clear from your post what exactly happened or how close the guy was.

Glad to hear you are feeling better.