Wednesday, June 07, 2006

Golf Carts & Other Deadly Weapons

So after an bone-achingly busy day at work (wait, did I say after?)

What I mean is, while I sit here eating my enchiladas - brought into
the chicken plant for our largely latino labor force (they are authen-
tic and delicious by the way {the enchiladas I mean, not the labor
force} and no - I do NOT want to know what's in them {again, refer-
ring to the enchiladas there}) during one of the few breaks I've
managed to catch today, I've been catching up on the news.

Allow me to share with you a somewhat humorous story:

Golf Carts & Other Deadly Weapons

Yeah I know, that's not REALLY the name of the news story - but
if I'd written it, that's what I would have called it.

I mean truly, isn't dui based on the fact that if you are drunk and
behind the wheel you run the risk of causing property damage and/
or vehicular homicide? Can you really do all of that in a golf cart?
Shouldn't the golf cart folks get a P.I. and a ride home for the night
- or if they are really being an ass, a trip to the pokey to cool off til
the next morning? Has anyone ever been killed or maimed by a
drunken golf cart driver run amok?

Or perhaps do the police in Peachtree City have not quite enough
to do...

1 comment:

Sydney said...

Ahhh man, I am SO Sorry. My divorce was very sucky too. In fact, I'm not sure I ever got over it. Hopefully you'll be a lot more resilient than I was.

email me at msobliqueone@hotmail.com and I'll actually check the damn email addy (which I don't do very often) Syd