Saturday, April 15, 2006

The Haunting

Oh YES, I forgot to report that in last week of February/First
week of March when I was losing my most important poten-
tial new account whilst hobbling around airports on a broken
foot, anemic as all get out on the epic week and a half long
string of trips I made from Ohio to California to Texas and
then back to Alabama again... (it's harder adjusting to the cul-
ture shock on the way back in than it is to the time zones by
the way)

Anyway, during that week, on one of the assorted airlines on
which I traveled, a male flight attendant said something to me
that used to be the absolute bane of my existence. Now that I
am getting umm... OLDER... I found that I was actually kind of
a little, well... sorta weirdly pleased to hear it. Are you ready?

He said, "I had Christina Applegate in first class last week, and
I'm sure you've heard this before, but Oh My God! You look
Just like her!"

Now see, there was a time when that used to bug the hell out
of me. I mean, she was the tart in Married with Children. I
didn't want to look like HER. Now that I just turned 39, I'm
pretty fucking happy that somebody still thinks I look like
the tart in Married with Children. Ok, granted, he thinks I
look like her now... but anyway.

See? It's all in how you look at things. I always tell people
that all they really need to do is slow down and get a little per-
spective...

1 comment:

Nit Wit said...

I don't think you look that much like her. You look more like a real person.
I've been putting off that comment but you been gone awhile and I hope everything is OK. :)